The Fundamentals Certificate in Early Childhood Care and Education (FECCE) is designed to prepare childcare assistants to play a nurturing and supportive role in assisting preschool teachers in the routine care and supervision of young children.
- Gain understanding in the growth and development of children
- Develop skills in responding to the basic needs of children effectively
- Assist in the planning and implementation of quality learning and creative experiences for young children
- Appreciate the importance of a stimulating but safe environment for young children to explore and interact
- Gain knowledge on children’s health and nutritional requirements
- Appreciate their role in the field of early childhood education
|Child Development and Guidance||30|
|Learning of Young Children Through Play and Creative Approaches||35|
|Managing the Health; Nutrition and Safety of Young Children||25|
|Working with Families||10|
|Total Course Hours||180|
This course consists of:
120 classroom hours
60 practicum hours
Total: 180 hours
3 months (Full-time)
4 months (Part-time)
A range of written assignments, quiz, projects, and practicum.
Note: Some projects will include practical tasks such as observation of children and implementing activities in Early Childhood classroom settings.
Award of Certificate
Upon successful completion of coursework and practicum, and a minimum of 80% attendance, students will be awarded with the Fundamentals Certificate in Early Childhood Care and Education.
• At least Secondary 2 education or equivalent
Note: There must be supporting documents for the 8 years of formal education where medium of instruction is to be in English. Trainees who are not able to produce the supporting documents will be required to take KLCII English Proficiency test and/or do a short interview.
|The following components name||Course Fee|
|Full course fee (without 7% GST)||$1,400|
|Nett course fee||$280|
|7% GST on full course fee||$98|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST||$378|
|Additional funding if eligible under Workfare Training Support (WTS)^||$210|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from WTS^||$168|
|Additional funding if eligible under Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)#||$140|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from ETSS#||$238|
|Additional funding if eligible under Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)+||$140|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)+||$238|
All fees stated are inclusive of prevailing GST and are in Singapore dollars. Students are required to pay a non-refundable application fee of $85.60 upon course sign-up.
- * Course fee funding of 80% is available for Singaporeans/PRs aged 21 years and above.
- ^ Course fee funding of 95% available for Singaporeans aged 35 years old & above + earning $2,000 & below per month.
- +Course fee funding of 90% (SkillsFuture MCES) available for Singaporeans aged 40 years & above.
- # For company-sponsored applicants, Enhanced Training Support for SMEs funding can be applied through www.skillsconnect.gov.sg.
- For companies that meet the eligibility requirements, absentee payroll capped at $4.50/hr based on classroom hours can be claimed through the SkillsConnect system (www.skillsconnect.gov.sg).
- For self-fund applicants earning $2,000 & below per month, training allowance** capped at $4.50/hr based on classroom hours.
- All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website (www.skillsfuture.sg/credit) to choose from the courses available on the SkillsFuture Credit course directory.
- NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP** (Union Training Assistance Programme).
Course fees are subjected to changes without prior notice. For a full schedule of the miscellaneous fees, please click here.
** Terms & Conditions apply