QS World University Rankings
Asian University Rankings
This programme provides the knowledge, attitudes, and practice skills integration training for the counsellor who has the vision to embark on psychological helping profession, as well as individuals seeking to develop important human and interpersonal skills in the other professions. It is a skill-based programme, target a variety of professions such as training and development, human resources, healthcare, social welfare and education who are looking for a career switch into the counseling field.
- Extensive modules in applied fields of psychology: Not only provides traditional counseling modules but also provides elective modules such as social physiological, clinical psychology, human resource and marketing management etc.
- Research Thesis: Complete thesis and research under the guidance of Professors.
- Practicum: Complete practicum under professional supervision. This module provides opportunity for self-reflection through preliminary counseling experience and aims to integrate theoretical and practical learning.
- Outstanding teaching faculties: All 18 lecturers have completed their doctoral degree and is certified by Taiwan government for Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor.
|Journal Reading & Project Writing I & II||32hrs|
|Advanced Statistic & Research Method||48hrs|
|Theories of Counseling & Psychotherapy||48hrs|
|Practice of Counseling Process & Techniques||48hrs|
|Ethics in Counseling & Psychotherapy||48hrs|
|Group Counseling & Therapy||48hrs|
|Seminar on Human Development & Growth||48hrs|
|Seminar on Personality Psychology||48hrs|
|Helping Relationship and Community Mental Health||48hrs|
|Psychological Diagnosis and Intervention||48hrs|
|Career Counseling & Development||48hrs|
|Psychological Testing & Assessment||48hrs|
|Family & Couple Counseling||48hrs|
|Seminar on Multicultural Counseling||48hrs|
|Child Counseling & Play Therapy||48hrs|
- Blended (online and face to face)*: 512hrs
- Practicum**: 150hrs
- Total: 662hrs
*In view of Covid-19, lessons will be conducted online.
**Including 100 and above of contact hours for client direct service and more than 10 hours of individual supervision
- Duration：24 months (Part Time)
(Students need to complete the courses, practicum and thesis)
- Complete modules (including practicum module), thesis and dissertation oral defense; total 36 credits.
- Practicum module must be conducted in a clinical setting (counseling centre), under the supervision of professional counsellors; total of 150 hours.
- Each module will be assessed by the means of thesis, research or presentation etc
Award of Certificate
- Student must achieve at least 80% attendance and complete the modules, practicum and thesis to graduate with Master Program in Psychology and Counseling from College of Education, National Tsing Hua University.
- Applicant must be at least 20 years of age ; and
- Undergraduate degree, which lists on board or recognized by Taiwan Education Ministry or equivalent (https://bit.ly/3yjU5Kg) ; and
- Minimum of two years working experience; and
- Language Proficiency: Mandarin comprehension
*Applicants of non-Chinese speaking backgrounds must meet the Chinese language proficiency requirements of HSK 5; or credit in Chinese language equivalent to a C6 in GCE’ O’ level examination on a case- by-case basis.
|Total Course Fee||$32,562|
All fees stated are inclusive of prevailing GST and are in Singapore dollars.
Students are required to pay an application fee of $86.40 (inclusive of 8% GST) and a validation fee of USD$100 upon course sign-up.*
*For unsuccessful applicants, the university will only collect TWD200 (admin fee) and return the reminding validation fee.
Course fees are subjected to changes without prior notice.
Course fees are subjected to changes without prior notice. For a full schedule of the miscellaneous fees, please click here.
|Submit application form:||01/09/2022 to 28/11/2022|
|University’s admissions test – Documents assessment:||29/11/2022 to 6/12/2022|
|Inform successful applicants who passed the preliminary round:||30/12/2022|
|University’s admissions test – Oral assessment:||13/1/2023|
|Admission results of candidates:||20/1/2023|
|Course Start Date:||13/2/2023 (tentative)|
Click here for the course calendar