- TGS-2023019450(Synchronous & Asynchronous e-Learning)
- TGS-2022017645 (SCTP) (Synchronous & Asynchronous e-Learning)
- TGS-2023019451 (CCP)(Synchronous & Asynchronous e-Learning)
- TGS-2023019452 (Exclude EYDF)(Synchronous & Asynchronous e-Learning)
- TGS-2023019449 (SCTP) (Exclude EYDF)(Synchronous & Asynchronous e-Learning)
- TGS-2023019445(CCP)(Exclude EYDF)(Synchronous & Asynchronous e-Learning)
The WSQ Higher Certificate in Infant Care course is designed to prepare Early Years Educators who are interested to work with infants and toddlers from 2 to 18 months old. The course will equip educator with the knowledge and skills in caregiving, guidance, provision of appropriate learning experiences and stimulating environment in the care of infants and toddlers.
The course aims to enable students to:
- Gain understanding of the guiding principles, outcomes and sub-outcomes of the Early Years Development Framework
- Acquire knowledge on the developmental domains and their interrelation with learning and development of infants and toddlers (2 to 18 months old)
- Demonstrate understanding of how infants grow and develop through the provision of quality learning experiences and setting up of appropriate learning environments
- Develop understanding of the importance of health, safety, first-aid and nutrition
- Gain understanding of the important roles and responsibilities in the care and development of infants and toddlers
|EARLY YEARS DEVELOPMENT FRAMEWORK
• Assist in Integrating Respectfulness, Responsiveness and Reciprocity within the Curriculum
• Display Sensitivity to Each Child’s Needs (Within a Group Setting) through Respectful, Responsive and Reciprocal Interactions and Relationships with Children
• Support Children’s Development of Secure Attachments through Warm, Consistent and Nurturing Care-giving (Infant/Toddler Educarer, Beginning Educarer)
• Identify How Children (Birth to Age 3) Learn and Develop
|CURRICULUM AND PEDAGOGY
• Assist in Observation and Documentation of Children’s Learning
• Assist in Planning and Implementing of Developmentally Appropriate Teaching, Learning and Caregiving Approaches Aligned to Curriculum Frameworks
• Assist in Setting Up Quality Learning Environments
|HEALTH, SAFTEY AND NUTRITION
• Adhere to Health, Safety, Nutritional and Hygiene Standards and Procedures (Infant/Toddler Educarer, Beginning Educarer)
|FAMILY AND COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS
• Facilitate the Continuity of Care and Education between the Home and Centre
|PROFESSIONAL VALUES & ETHICS
• Commit to Uphold the Professionalism of the ECCE Sector
• Supervised Practicum
This course consist of:
- Classroom Hours: 180 Hours
- Practicum Hours: 120 Hours
Total Hours: 300 Hours
- 5 Months (Full-time)
- 8 Months (Part-time)
A range of individual and group projects, quizzes, presentations, role-plays and practicum.
Note: Some projects will include practical tasks such as observation of children and implementing activities in Early Childhood classroom settings.
Award of Certificate
Upon successful completion of coursework and practicum, and a minimum of 80% attendance, students will be awarded the WSQ Higher Certificate in Infant Care.
Applicants must be at least 21 years of age and should have:
Local Singapore Qualifications
- Completed at least Secondary Two education*; AND
- Attained an average SOA 4 in the WPL series.
Non-Local Singapore Qualifications
- Completed at least 8 years of formal education*; AND
- Attained an average SOA 4 in the WPL series.
*Official documents from institution are required to show completion of 8 years of education.
Please click here for the list of English Language Acceptable Alternatives.
*Alternate Pathway to WSQ ACEY is available to those who meet the minimum entry requirements.
SkillsFuture Credit (For Self-fund applicants only) & Career Conversion Programme (CCP) for Educators (Optional)
SkillsFuture Credit (For Self-fund applicants only)
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above can use their SkillsFuture Credit to defray course nett fees. To find out your SkillsFuture Credit balance, please login to www.skillsfuture.gov.sg/credit using your Singpass.
Career Conversion Programme (CCP) for Educators (Optional)
The Career Conversion Programme (CCP) for Educators is jointly offered by the Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA), SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) and Workforce Singapore (WSG). It is designed to equip mid-career individuals who aspire to become Educator with the necessary qualifications and skills. The CCP operates in the mode under which the participating preschool operators will employ eligible trainees before the commencement of the full-time course. Successful trainees under this CCP will receive monthly salary and course sponsorship from employer and undertake commitment to signing of bond.
Eligibility criteria for CCP applicants who:
- Singapore Citizen (SC) or Permanent Resident (PR) aged 21 years and above
- Graduated or completed National Service, whichever is later, at least two years prior at the point of application;
- Have fulfilled the minimum course entry requirements;
- New hires must not have attended the same early childhood programme and received funding previously;
- New hires should be hired for not more than six months;
- New hires must not be in the same job role prior to joining the CCP;
- New hires must not be a shareholder of the CCP company, or its related companies;
- New hires must not be related to the owner(s) of the CCP company; and
- New hires must not be immediate ex-staff of CCP company or its related companies.
- New hires must not be under SSG suspended / withholding listing for funding.