A Transfer means a student changes the programme, period or mode of study but remains as a student of KLCII. This policy applies when a student voluntarily requests for a change in the enrolled programme of study.
All requests for transfer from the programme must be accompanied by the completed Request for Deferment, Transfer, Withdrawal Form and supporting documents one month (where possible) before the commencement of semester / module. KLCII will not be able to accept verbal notice given by the student.
Submitting the request does NOT automatically result in an official transfer. Students must ensure that they receive a formal notice / confirmation from the Institute regarding the outcome of their request for transfer.
A student seeking to transfer to another programme will be officially assessed by KLCII and/or the University Partner to ensure the student fulfils the academic requirement of the new programme. Approval for transfer will be granted on a case-by-case basis subject to the student meeting the admissions requirements of the new programme and approval from the university where applicable. Refund policy applies where applicable. Pre-course counselling will be done as part of the new course application.
For students including international students holding Student’s Pass under 18 years of age, KLCII will seek parental/guardian’s approval / sight supporting document prior to processing the request for the transfer.
The student will be required to sign a new contract when the transfer is approved. The original contract will be terminated.
For a student whose transfer request is not approved, the student is to remain in the current programme.
Subject to KLCII’s Refund Policy, any remaining fees from the existing programme will be transferred to the new programme and the student will have to top up the difference in fees (if any). The Refund Policy and the cooling-off period of seven (7) working days do not apply to transfer students.
An administrative fee will be charged for the transfer process.
The entire transfer process, from the point of application to the final outcome, should not take more than 14 working days to process. Students are encouraged to continue attending classes before the transfer request is approved.
Transfer to another school is treated as withdrawal from KLCII. Withdrawal policy and Refund policy shall apply.
- All requests for transfer from the Course must be accompanied by the completed Request Form for Deferment/Withdrawal/Transfer and supporting documents one month before the commencement of semester / unit submitted to PA. KLCII will not be able to accept verbal notice given by the student.
- Programme Administrator (PA) and/or Campus Manager will conduct a counselling session with the student to find out the reason of transfer.
- KLCII will notify the student the outcome of the transfer request.
- Student’s Pass (if applicable) will be cancelled upon approval of transfer request.
- An international student who requests for internal transfer to another programme within KLCII will also need to resubmit a Student’s Pass application to ICA for approval.
- The student signs a new contract when the transfer is approved. PA will terminate the original contract.
- For company sponsored students, they are required to submit a new application for funding for the new programme. In the event that the funding is not approved, the student or his / her sponsoring company is required to top up the difference in fees.
- The student is required to pay for the administrative fee to process the transfer request.
- The FPS provider will be updated where applicable.
- An official Letter to Effect or Reject Course Transfer Request will be sent to the student.