Books and toys are indispensable to the growth and development of young children. Learning in early childhood is dominated by games and images. Therefore, the choice of teaching aids like toys and books should be selected carefully for our young learners. Through guided play, toys can be a tool that motivates young children to play and learn creatively. The function of picture books can also greatly promote the development of children with reading abilities.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Select toys according to the children’s age appropriation
- Acknowledge the most updated selection of toys and books available in Singapore
- How to choose books and toys according to their materials and content
- Explore how to look for appropriate materials to develop Preschool Chinese language curriculum
- In-service teachers working with children age 0 to 6 years old. (EYDF1 & EYDF2, L1 & L2)
- 8 Hours
Award of Certificate
ECDA e-certificate of participation “Choosing the RIGHT Chinese Books and Toys for Pre-Schoolers”
|Full course fee (without 7% GST)||$200.00|
|Nett course fee||$100.00|
|7% GST on nett course fee||$7.00|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST||$107.00|
|Additional funding if eligible under Workfare Training Support (WTS)^||$90.00|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from WTS^||$17.00|
|Additional funding if eligible under Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)#||$80.00|
|nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from ETSS#||$27.00|
|Additional funding if eligible under Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)+||$80.00|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)+||$27.00|
|ECDA funding support available for foreign teachers (80%)||$160.00|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after 80% ECDA funding for foreign teachers||$42.80|
|UTAP Funding (Only Applicable to NTUC members, capped at 50%/$250 of unfunded course fee per year)
*Funding period: 1 April’2017 to 31’March 2018
All fees stated are inclusive of prevailing GST and are in Singapore dollars.
- * Course fee funding of 50% is available for Singaporeans/PRs aged 21 years and above.
- ^ Course fee funding of 95% available for Singaporeans aged 35 years old & above + earning $2,000 & below per month.
- +Course fee funding of 90% (SkillsFuture MCES) available for Singaporeans aged 40 years & above.
- # For company-sponsored applicants, Enhanced Training Support for SMEs funding can be applied through www.skillsconnect.gov.sg.
- For companies that meet the eligibility requirements, absentee payroll capped at $4.50/hr based on classroom hours can be claimed through the SkillsConnect system (www.skillsconnect.gov.sg).
- For self-fund applicants earning $1,900 & below per month, training allowance** capped at $4.50/hr based on classroom hours can be claimed through NTUC U Portal (www.ntuc.org.sg).
- All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website (www.skillsfuture.sg/credit) to choose from the courses available on the SkillsFuture Credit course directory.
- NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP** (Union Training Assistance Programme).
Course fees are subjected to changes without prior notice.
** Terms & Conditions apply