Young Children are naturally curious. This sense of wonder drives children to observe, explore and act on their ideas. As children explore, work and experiment with nature and material in their environment, they discover and observe changes, cause and effect, patterns and seeing relationships between objects. Young children construct scientific concepts and knowledge through these natural explorations.
The use of art and natural materials is a great way to work with young children to encourage exploration with materials and motivate construction of knowledge.
This workshop provides hands-on opportunities for Educarers to explore and experiment with art materials; and learn to plan activities to lead young children to discoveries such as cause and effect. It is aimed through observation of children’s skills, careful planning and guidance, children will be motivated to explore, discover and have fun.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognise the importance of sensory experiences, exploration and play in young children’s growth and learning.
- Explore how science process skills can be integrated with arts explorations.
- Develop age appropriate activity that integrate science and arts elements.
LON Certification Status: L1 , L2 , EY1 , EY2
Occupational Title: Infant Educarer (HCIC) , Infant/Toddler Educarer , Beginning Educarer , Educarer 1 , Educarer 2 , Senior Educarer , Centre Leader , Senior Centre Leader
- 7 hours
Award of Certificate
ECDA e-certificate of participation “GO E.A.S.T. (Experience Arts & Science with Toddlers)”
|Full course fee (without 7% GST)||$200.00|
|Nett course fee||$100.00|
|7% GST on nett course fee||$14.00|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST||$114.00|
|Additional funding if eligible under Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)#||$80.00|
|nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from ETSS#||$34.00|
|Additional funding if eligible under Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)+||$80.00|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)+||$27.00|
|ECDA funding support available for foreign teachers (80%)||$160.00|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after 80% ECDA funding for foreign teachers||$54.00|
All fees stated are inclusive of prevailing GST and are in Singapore dollars.
- *Course fee funding of 50% is available for Singaporeans/PRs aged 21 years and above.
- +Course fee funding of 90% (SkillsFuture MCES) available for Singaporeans aged 40 years & above.
- #For company-sponsored applicants, Enhanced Training Support for SMEs funding can be applied through www.skillsconnect.gov.sg.
- For companies that meet the eligibility requirements, absentee payroll capped at $7.50/hr based on classroom hours can be claimed through the SkillsConnect system (www.skillsconnect.gov.sg).
- For self-fund applicants earning $2,300 & below per month, training allowance** capped at $6.00/hr based on classroom hours can be claimed through NTUC U Portal (www.ntuc.org.sg).
- All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website (www.skillsfuture.sg/credit) to choose from the courses available on the SkillsFuture Credit course directory.
- For trainees who qualify for Workfare Skills Support (WSS) scheme, please contact SSG at 6785 5785 for more information.
Course fees are subjected to changes without prior notice.
** Terms & Conditions apply