Communication is about more than just exchanging information. It’s about conveying a message that is received and understood by someone in exactly the way one intends to, it’s also how you listen to gain full meaning of what’s being said and to make the other person feel heard and understood. Effective communication combines a set of skills including written communication, verbal and non-verbal communication. Effective communication is also one of the most crucial means to attain a professional image.
This 7 hours workshop incorporates strategies to enhance verbal expression, presentation skills as well as professional writing skills. Early childhood practitioners are always communicating with various stake holders like the children; their parents or families; colleagues and community workers. Participants will be engaged in activities that will develop their communication skills incorporating questioning and answering skills. It is a skill-based workshop that includes recommendations for enhancing communication skills in their Oral and Written Communication.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Reflect on their communication skills with their colleagues
- Apply strategies used in verbal communication with parents during Parents-Teacher Meeting (PTM)
- Be aware of the different communication styles and its impact
- Apply strategies used in written communication
LON Certification Status: L1 , L2 , EY1 , EY2
Occupational Title: Infant Educarer (HCIC) , Infant/Toddler Educarer , Beginning Educarer , Educarer 1 , Educarer 2 , Senior Educarer , Beginning Preschool Teacher , Preschool Teacher , Senior Preschool Teacher , Lead Teacher , Senior Lead Teacher
- 7 Hours
Award of Certificate
ECDA e-certificate of participation “Empowering Preschool Educators with Effective Communication Skills”
|Full course fee (without 7% GST)||$200.00|
|Nett course fee||$100.00|
|7% GST on nett course fee||$14.00|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST||$114.00|
|Additional funding if eligible under Workfare Training Support (WTS)^||$90.00|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from WTS^||$24.00|
|Additional funding if eligible under Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)#||$80.00|
|nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from ETSS#||$34.00|
|Additional funding if eligible under Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)+||$80.00|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)+||$34.00|
|ECDA funding support available for foreign teachers (80%)||$160.00|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after 80% ECDA funding for foreign teachers||$54.00|
All fees stated are inclusive of prevailing GST and are in Singapore dollars.
- * Course fee funding of 50% is available for Singaporeans/PRs aged 21 years and above.
- ^ Course fee funding of 95% available for Singaporeans aged 35 years old & above + earning $2,000 & below per month.
- +Course fee funding of 90% (SkillsFuture MCES) available for Singaporeans aged 40 years & above.
- # For company-sponsored applicants, Enhanced Training Support for SMEs funding can be applied through www.skillsconnect.gov.sg.
- For companies that meet the eligibility requirements, absentee payroll capped at $4.50/hr based on classroom hours can be claimed through the SkillsConnect system (www.skillsconnect.gov.sg).
- For self-fund applicants earning $1,900 & below per month, training allowance** capped at $4.50/hr based on classroom hours can be claimed through NTUC U Portal (www.ntuc.org.sg).
- All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website (www.skillsfuture.sg/credit) to choose from the courses available on the SkillsFuture Credit course directory.
Course fees are subjected to changes without prior notice.
** Terms & Conditions apply