The Early Years Development Framework sets the standard for quality of care and learning practices that are specific to the developmental needs of infants, toddlers and pre-nursery children. It describes desired outcomes, key principles and practices for young children’s holistic development and learning.
The Framework provides educarers with broad guidelines to plan and deliver culturally and developmentally appropriate experiences, strengthen home-centre partnerships, enhance professional development and foster community networking.
- Understand the guiding principles, outcomes and practices stated in the EYDF
- Apply strategies from the Framework to develop warm and nurturing relationships with young children
- Use the desired outcomes and sub-outcomes in the Framework to plan, implement, and review programmes for young children
- Use the Framework as a guide to provide culturally and developmentally appropriate care for infants, toddlers and nursery children in a safe and healthy environment
- Translate ideas from the Framework to strengthen home-centre partnerships, enhance professional development and foster community networking
- Overview of the Early Years Development Framework
- The Developing Child
- The Intentional Programme
- The Involved Family
- The Engaged Community
Child care centre supervisors and early years educarers who work with:
- Infants (2 to 18 months)
- Toddlers (above 18 to 30 months old)
- Pre-Nursery children (above 30 to 36 months old)
Participants who are proficient in the English language as the course will be conducted in English.
- 16 hours
Award of Certificate
WSQ Statement of Attainment upon successful course completion.
|Full course fee (without 7% GST)||$350.00|
|Nett course fee||$175.00|
|7% GST on nett course fee||$24.50|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST||$199.50|
|Additional funding if eligible under Workfare Training Support (WTS)^||$157.50|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from WTS^||$42.00|
|Additional funding if eligible under Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)#||$140.00|
|nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from ETSS#||$59.50|
|Additional funding if eligible under Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)+||$140.00|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)+||$59.50|
|ECDA funding support available for foreign teachers (80%)||NO|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after 80% ECDA funding for foreign teachers||NO|
|UTAP Funding (Only Applicable to NTUC members, capped at 50%/$250 of unfunded course fee per year)
*Funding period: 1 April’2017 to 31’March 2018
All fees stated are inclusive of prevailing GST and are in Singapore dollars.
- * Course fee funding of 50% is available for Singaporeans/PRs aged 21 years and above.
- ^ Course fee funding of 95% available for Singaporeans aged 35 years old & above + earning $2,000 & below per month.
- +Course fee funding of 90% (SkillsFuture MCES) available for Singaporeans aged 40 years & above.
- # For company-sponsored applicants, Enhanced Training Support for SMEs funding can be applied through www.skillsconnect.gov.sg.
- For companies that meet the eligibility requirements, absentee payroll capped at $4.50/hr based on classroom hours can be claimed through the SkillsConnect system (www.skillsconnect.gov.sg).
- For self-fund applicants earning $1,900 & below per month, training allowance** capped at $4.50/hr based on classroom hours can be claimed through NTUC U Portal (www.ntuc.org.sg).
- All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website (www.skillsfuture.sg/credit) to choose from the courses available on the SkillsFuture Credit course directory.
- NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP** (Union Training Assistance Programme).
Course fees are subjected to changes without prior notice.
** Terms & Conditions apply