Deepen foundations of teaching and learning practices through understanding the teacher’s role in guiding play and intentional teaching.
Introduction to intentional teaching strategies and practices, including, but not limited to: Co-constructing, collaborating, listening, imagining, modeling, negotiating, researching, revisiting, scaffolding.
Understand how intentional teaching strategies can work in encouraging children’s holistic development.
Design and modify lesson plans, utilizing the above strategies to extend children’s exploration and learning through play.
- Appreciate/recognize the need and importance of encouraging play and exploration in young children, aged 4-6, and the teachers’ role in guiding and extending their learning.
- Understand intentional teaching practices and related strategies.
- Develop strategies for intentional teaching and how it can be used with play.
LON Certification Status: L1 , L2
Occupational Title: Beginning Preschool Teacher , Preschool Teacher , Senior Preschool Teacher , Lead Teacher , Senior Lead Teacher , Centre Leader
- 14 hours (2 days)
Award of Certificate
ECDA e-Certificate of participation for “Harnessing Play for Intentional Teaching”
|Full course fee (without 7% GST)||$290.00|
|Nett course fee||$145.00|
|7% GST on nett course fee||$20.30|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST||$165.30|
|Additional funding if eligible under Workfare Training Support (WTS)^||$130.50|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from WTS^||$34.80|
|Additional funding if eligible under Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)#||$116.00|
|nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from ETSS#||$49.30|
|Additional funding if eligible under Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)+||$116.00|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)+||$49.30|
|ECDA funding support available for foreign teachers (80%)||$232.00|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after 80% ECDA funding for foreign teachers||$78.30|
All fees stated are inclusive of prevailing GST and are in Singapore dollars.
- * Course fee funding of 50% is available for Singaporeans/PRs aged 21 years and above.
- ^ Course fee funding of 95% available for Singaporeans aged 35 years old & above + earning $2,000 & below per month.
- +Course fee funding of 90% (SkillsFuture MCES) available for Singaporeans aged 40 years & above.
- # For company-sponsored applicants, Enhanced Training Support for SMEs funding can be applied through www.skillsconnect.gov.sg.
- For companies that meet the eligibility requirements, absentee payroll capped at $4.50/hr based on classroom hours can be claimed through the SkillsConnect system (www.skillsconnect.gov.sg).
- For self-fund applicants earning $1,900 & below per month, training allowance** capped at $4.50/hr based on classroom hours can be claimed through NTUC U Portal (www.ntuc.org.sg).
- All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website (www.skillsfuture.sg/credit) to choose from the courses available on the SkillsFuture Credit course directory.
Course fees are subjected to changes without prior notice.
** Terms & Conditions apply