The design of the physical space plays a primary role in facilitating the development and maintenance of relationship of the occupants. The space sending a message that getting to know one another is important, and constructing expectations of how we work, live and play in that settings. Effective environments are comfortable, interesting, attractive and appropriate for the child, holding intrinsic interest and giving children myriad ways to practise and refine skills across all aspects of learning.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the effects of learning environments on preschool-age children.
- Identify features of learning environment that help preschool-age children feel secure, comfortable, welcome and ready to explore and learn.
- Design quality learning environment that is developmentally appropriate for children 4 – 6 years.
LON Certification Status: L2
Occupational Title: Beginning Preschool Teacher , Preschool Teacher , Senior Preschool Teacher , Lead Teacher , Centre Leader
- 8 Hours
Award of Certificate
ECDA e-certificate of participation “Creating a Self-Directed Learning Environment”
|Full course fee (without 7% GST)||$220.00|
|Nett course fee||$110.00|
|7% GST on nett course fee||$15.40|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST||$125.40|
|Additional funding if eligible under Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)#||$88.00|
|nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from ETSS#||$37.40|
|Additional funding if eligible under Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)+||$88.00|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)+||$37.40|
|ECDA funding support available for foreign teachers (80%)||$176.00|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after 80% ECDA funding for foreign teachers||$59.40|
All fees stated are inclusive of prevailing GST and are in Singapore dollars.
- *Course fee funding of 50% is available for Singaporeans/PRs aged 21 years and above.
- +Course fee funding of 90% (SkillsFuture MCES) available for Singaporeans aged 40 years & above.
- #For company-sponsored applicants, Enhanced Training Support for SMEs funding can be applied through www.skillsconnect.gov.sg.
- For companies that meet the eligibility requirements, absentee payroll capped at $7.50/hr based on classroom hours can be claimed through the SkillsConnect system (www.skillsconnect.gov.sg).
- For self-fund applicants earning $2,300 & below per month, training allowance** capped at $6.00/hr based on classroom hours can be claimed through NTUC U Portal (www.ntuc.org.sg).
- All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website (www.skillsfuture.sg/credit) to choose from the courses available on the SkillsFuture Credit course directory.
- For trainees who qualify for Workfare Skills Support (WSS) scheme, please contact SSG at 6785 5785 for more information.
Course fees are subjected to changes without prior notice.
** Terms & Conditions apply