Computational thinking has emerged as one of the biggest buzzwords in education – also dubbed as the ‘5th C’ of 21st century skills alongside critical thinking, creativity, collaboration and communication. Despite being an increasingly essential skill to have, many computational thinking curriculums are still offered to children as a privilege, rather than a core part of a comprehensive early childhood education – that benefits children of all backgrounds. Educators and teachers can, however, play an important role in integrating elements of computational thinking and STEAM into daily lessons to children with the essential skills to prepare them for the increasingly digitized future.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
• Define the term computational thinking and the 4 stages it comprises of
• Discuss and explore the importance of computational thinking in the early years
• Introduction to Tactile Robotics
• Explore the curriculum of the platform – Bee-Bot from an educator’s perspective
• Able to craft and design lesson plans that integrate daily learning and STEAM
Early Childhood Educators
- 8 Hours (Classroom)
Award of Certificate
KLCII certificate of attendance “STEAM learning in the 21st Century”
All fees stated are inclusive of prevailing GST and are in Singapore dollars.
Course fees are subjected to changes without prior notice.
** Terms & Conditions apply