The Preparatory Course for International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is designed to familiarise students with the types of tasks typically found in the IELTS test. The preparatory course will enable students to build and enhance their four language skills comprising listening, reading, writing and speaking. It will focus on developing the academic English skills required to score well in the IELTS test.
- Gain valuable English skills and strategies for taking the IELTS test
- Have an enhanced fluency in English pronunciation and communicative ability
- Have improved reading and listening comprehension skills
- Write critically with logical thinking and offer constructive perspectives
This preparatory course offers intensive preparation for the IELTS test, which comprises of several sections: Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking.
Other skills taught include: Grammar, Vocabulary, Pronounciation and many more. Students will also have IELTS practice and mock tests. Finally, students are expected to complete tasks outside the classroom such as take home assignments.
The following methodologies will be adopted:
- Class Participation
- Group / Paired Work
- Individual Work
- One-on-One Speaking Live Test
- Listening Section Exercises
- Reading Section Exercises
- Writing Exercises
Full-Time: 3 Months
Classroom Hours: 200 Hours
There will not be any final examination or exit test for this preparatory course. Upon successful completion of this preparatory course, students should feel confident to register and take the IELTS test at one of the accredited examination centres. Our IELTS students will be guided and advised on IELTS test and application processes.
- 16 years and above
- At least 10 years of formal education
- Certificate in English as a Foreign Language awarded by KLCII OR
- CEP Level 3 (advanced level) OR
- IELTS overall score of 5.0 OR
- TOEFL PBT 484 /CBT 160 / IBT 60 OR
- Determined by KLCII English Placement Test Result
Upon completion of the course, students will be awarded with a Certificate of Attendance awarded by KLC International Institute and are encouraged to take the IELTS test.
All fees stated are inclusive of prevailing GST and are in Singapore dollars. Students are required to pay a non-refundable application fee of $288.90 upon course sign-up.
Course fees are subjected to changes without prior notice. For a full schedule of the miscellaneous fees, please click here.