Infants and toddlers develop thinking skills in their active engagement during play. Through exploration, young children are engaged in the process problem solving as they manipulate objects. In their social exchanges with adults and peers, infants and toddlers develop communication and language skills. This social exchanges allow establishment of relationships between educarers and young children. In addition, young children’s physical and motor skills are enhanced as they participate in active play. Self-confidence and sense of achievement are also established as children gain control of their bodies and play situations.
This workshop will help participants to explore the various play activities to entice and enrich infants’ and toddlers’ play experiences with natural and man-made materials, and to experience the true essence of uninterrupted play which are developmentally appropriate. This workshop will be conducted via classroom facilitation and webinar.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the different elements and stages of play in infants and toddlers.
- Acquire knowledge in the planning of meaningful and creative activities for infant and toddlers.
- Develop knowledge and skills in providing quality interactions during play with infants and toddlers.
LON Certification Status: L1 , L2 , EY1 , EY2
Occupational Title: Infant Educarer (HCIC), Infant/Toddler Educarer, Beginning Educarer, Educarer 1, Educarer 2, Centre Leader
- 9 Hours (7 hours classroom, 1.5 hours online and 0.5 hour E-Assessment)
Award of Certificate
ECDA e-certificate of participation “Exploring Meaningful Playtime with Infants & Toddlers”
|Full course fee (without 7% GST)||$240.00|
|Nett course fee||$120.00|
|7% GST on nett course fee||$16.80|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST||$136.80|
|Additional funding if eligible under Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)#||$96.00|
|nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from ETSS#||$40.80|
|Additional funding if eligible under Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)+||$96.00|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)+||$40.80|
|ECDA funding support available for foreign teachers (80%)||$192.00|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after 80% ECDA funding for foreign teachers||$64.80|
All fees stated are inclusive of prevailing GST and are in Singapore dollars.
- *Course fee funding of 50% is available for Singaporeans/PRs aged 21 years and above.
- +Course fee funding of 90% (SkillsFuture MCES) available for Singaporeans aged 40 years & above.
- #For company-sponsored applicants, Enhanced Training Support for SMEs funding can be applied through www.skillsconnect.gov.sg.
- For companies that meet the eligibility requirements, absentee payroll capped at $7.50/hr based on classroom hours can be claimed through the SkillsConnect system (www.skillsconnect.gov.sg).
- For self-fund applicants earning $2,300 & below per month, training allowance** capped at $6.00/hr based on classroom hours can be claimed through NTUC U Portal (www.ntuc.org.sg).
- All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website (www.skillsfuture.sg/credit) to choose from the courses available on the SkillsFuture Credit course directory.
- For trainees who qualify for Workfare Skills Support (WSS) scheme, please contact SSG at 6785 5785 for more information.
Course fees are subjected to changes without prior notice.
** Terms & Conditions apply