The Certificate in English as a Foreign Language aims to develop students’ accuracy and fluency in English. It serves as a preparatory course designed to develop non-native English speakers’ English language skills in preparation for their entry into a mainstream academic programme of study.
At the end of the course, students should be able to:
- Gain confidence in using English in informal and formal situations
- Acquire a wide vocabulary and use them in appropriate contexts
- Use correct syntax and diction in academic speaking and writing
- Employ practical and academic English skills necessary to succeed in everyday life, at the university, and in business
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively in a variety of informal and formal contexts