The Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Business (Business Management) is awarded by Pearson, the UK’s largest awarding body offering academic and vocational qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked. It is a vocational qualification designed to give students the skills they need to either move on to higher education or go straight into employment.
Pearson BTEC programmes are designed in a way that combines both the practical and cognitive skills needed for the workplace. Qualifications are recognised by leading universities, professional bodies and international employers.
By choosing BTEC, you will gain:
Real-life learning: BTEC is the perfect choice if you enjoy learning by doing practical assignments and tasks. It encourages communication and collaboration, and puts into practice the skills required for success in a 21st century business environment.
Wide-ranging and well-regarded programmes: BTEC programme are developed in close consultation with industry, and many graduates progress direct to the workforce.
Engaging, inspiring and real: You will be assessed in-centre by the teacher, using both theory and practical assignments. These are often work-related such as film clips or business plans and proposals; and can take place within real work environments.
Recognised the world over: BTEC qualifications demonstrate that you have achieved internationally set standards in skills, knowledge and behaviours. Colleges, universities and employers around the world welcome applications from candidates with BTEC qualifications.
- Equip individuals with knowledge, understanding and skills for success in a range of administrative and management positions in business
- Provide specialist routes of study which relate to individual professions within the business world in which learners are working or intend to seek employment
- Enable progression to an undergraduate degree or further professional qualification in business or a related area
- Support individuals employed or entering employment in the business field
- Develop the individual’s ability in the business field through effective use and combination of the knowledge and skills gained in different parts of the programme
This programme comprises of 15 modules with a total of 960 learning hours. Students are required to obtain a minimum of 240 credits where at least 120 credits must be achieved at a level 5 unit.
|Unit No.||Description||Unit Level||Unit Credit|
|1||Business and the Business Environment||4||15|
|3||Human Resource Management||4||15|
|4||Management and Operations||4||15|
|6||Managing a Successful Business Project||4||15|
|7||Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management||4||15|
|11||Operations and Project Management||5||15|
|12||Understanding and Leading Change||5||15|
|13||Global Business Environment||5||15|
|14||Statistics for Management||5||15|
|15||Developing Individuals, Teams and Organisations||5||15|
- Full-time: 15 months
A range of written assignments, class presentations and project works. No examinations required.
Award of Certificate
Rules of Combination:
1. Qualification credit value: a minimum of 240 credits. (A maximum of 30 credits may be at Level 6.)
2. Minimum credit to be achieved at the level of the qualification (level 5) or above: 120 credits.
Upon successful completion of all 15 modules in the course, students will receive the Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Business certification awarded by Pearson Education.
Students can also choose to progress on to do their Bachelor Degree programme (top-up) at more than 160 universities listed on the Pearson Degree Course Finder website.
For New Entrants
- Minimum 18 years old and above
- Entry requirements may include any of the following:
- BTEC level 3 qualification in business with English as a medium of instruction OR
- GCE A Levels (with English credit/pass in ‘O’ level) OR
- Diploma from recognised institution with English as medium of instruction OR
- 12 years of formal education (with English credit/pass)
For non-native English speakers and those have not undertaken their final two years of schooling in English,
the English requirements are as follows:
- IELTS 5.5 (Reading and Writing must be at 5.5) or its equivalent
For Mature Candidates
- Aged 30 years old and above
- A minimum of 8 years relevant working experience AND
- 3 passes in GCE ‘O’ Level including credit in English or IELTS 5.5 (Reading and Writing must be at 5.5) or its equivalent
- 5 passes in GCE ‘N’ Level including credit in English/IELTS 5.5 (Reading and Writing must be at 5.5)
All fees stated are inclusive of prevailing GST and are in Singapore dollars. Students are required to pay a non-refundable application fee of $288.90 upon course sign-up.
Course fees are subjected to changes without prior notice. For a full schedule of the miscellaneous fees, please click here.
There are more than 120 universities listed on the Pearson Degree Course Finder website that recognizes the Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher Diploma in Business (Business Management), thus allowing graduates to gain entry to their Bachelor Degree programmes.
Visit https://degreecoursefinder.pearson.com/ to find out more.