The WSQ Specialist Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education (WSQ SDECCE) is specially designed to equip leaders of preschool centres with the skills necessary for planning and implementing preschool curriculum and management of centre.
The course also equip senior personnel with the knowledge and practice in leadership and management, research methods and pedagogy.
- Demonstrate awareness of issues pertaining to government guidelines and curriculum implementation in pre-school education
- Demonstrate awareness of issues and research in pre-school education
- Perform simple action research skills
- Observe, evaluate and appraise teacher-effectiveness in providing for a creative learning environment, and thereafter mentor fellow-teachers
- Manage and supervise early childhood centres in such a way as to promote effective learning programmes, encourage teamwork among staff and collaboration with parents
- Efficiently manage and administer pre-school centres
|Current issues and Research in Early Childhood Care and Education
|Designing the Early Childhood Care & Education Curriculum
|Understanding and Implementing Action Research in Early Childhood Care and Education
|Leadership, Management and Administration in Early Childhood Care and Education Settings
|Partnership with Families and the Community
This course consist of:
- 650 classroom hours
- 200 practicum hours
Total: 850 hours
- 14 months (Full-time)
- 24 months (Part-time)
A range of assessments in the form of group projects, assignments, literature review & practicum.
Award of Certificate
Upon successful completion of coursework and practicum, and a minimum of 80% attendance, students will be awarded the WSQ Specialist Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education (WSQ SDECCE).
- 5 GCE “O” Level credits including a credit in EL1 or Acceptable equivalent*; AND
- WSQ Professional Diploma in Early Childhood Care & Education/Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education
*For those with a C5 or C6 in EL1 are given 2 years from the point of teacher registration to obtain either a B4 or any acceptable alternatives.
|70% SSG Funding*/
|95% WTS Funding^||SDF Funding (SME 90%)#|
|Singaporeans & PRs||Singaporeans||Singaporeans|
|Nett Course Fees (after funding)||$3,267.78||$722.78||$1,089.26|
|Total Fees payable (after funding)||$3,428.28||$883.28||$1,249.76|
All fees stated are inclusive of prevailing GST and are in Singapore dollars. Students are required to pay a non-refundable application fee of $85.60 upon course sign-up.
- *Course fee funding of 70% available for qualified Singaporeans/PRs.
- ^Course fee funding of 95% (WTS scheme) available for Singaporeans aged 35 years old & above earning $2,000 & below per month.
- #For company-sponsored applicants, SDF funding can be applied through www.skillsconnect.gov.sg.
- For companies that meet the eligibility requirements, absentee payroll capped at $4.50/hr based on classroom hours can be claimed through the SkillsConnect system (www.skillsconnect.gov.sg).
Course fees are subjected to changes without prior notice. For a full schedule of the miscellaneous fees, please click here.
WSQ Specialist Diploma in Early Childhood Care & Education → Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Early Childhood Care and Education → Master Degree in Early Childhood Education