The WSQ Higher Certificate Infant Care course is designed to prepare Early Years Educarers who are interested to work with infants and toddlers from 2 to 18 months old. The course will equip educarers with the knowledge and skills in caregiving, guidance, provision of appropriate learning experiences and stimulating environment in the care of infants and toddlers.
The course aims to enable students to:
- Gain understanding of the guiding principles, outcomes and sub-outcomes of the Early Years Development Framework
- Acquire knowledge on the developmental domains and their interrelation with learning and development of infants and toddlers (2 to 18 months old)
- Demonstrate understanding of how infants grow and develop through the provision of quality learning experiences and setting up of appropriate learning environments
- Develop understanding of the importance of health, safety, first-aid and nutrition
- Gain understanding of the important roles and responsibilities in the care and development of infants and toddlers
|EARLY YEARS DEVELOPMENT FRAMEWORK
|CURRICULUM AND PEDAGOGY
|HEALTH, SAFTEY AND NUTRITION
|FAMILY AND COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS
|PROFESSIONAL VALUES & ETHICS
This course consist of:
- Classroom Hours: 180 Hours
- Practicum Hours: 120 Hours
Total Hours: 300 Hours
- 5 Months (Full-time/Place-&-Train)
- 8 Months (Part-time)
Place-and-Train Scheme (only applicable for company sponsored applicants only)
Candidates under this scheme will be entitled to a full sponsorship+ if they satisfy the following criteria:
• Candidates must be under full-time employment at an ECDA-licensed child care centre upon sign-up of this course.
• Candidates are required to work at their place of employment (ECDA-licensed childcare centre) and attend classes at KLCII while undergoing training.
+subject to candidates meeting the eligibility & entry requirements
A range of individual and group projects, quizzes, presentations, role-plays and practicum.
Note: Some projects will include practical tasks such as observation of children and implementing activities in Early Childhood classroom settings.
Award of Certificate
Upon successful completion of coursework and practicum, and a minimum of 80% attendance, students will be awarded the WSQ Higher Certificate in Infant Care.
Applicants must be at least 21 years of age and should have:
Local Singapore Qualifications
• Completed at least Secondary Two education*; AND
• Attained an average SOA 4 in the WPL series.
Non-Local Singapore Qualifications
• Completed at least 8 years of formal education*; AND
• Attained an average SOA 4 in the WPL series.
*Official documents from institution are required to show completion of 8 years of education.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website (www.skillsfuture.sg/credit) to choose from the courses available on the SkillsFuture Credit course directory.
Place-and-Train (PnT) for Educarers
The programme operates in the Place-and-Train mode where ECDA-licensed Childcare Centres will employ trainees before commencement of the Programme. Successful trainees under this programme will receive a course sponsorship and monthly salary from employer, and are required to work at their place of employment and attend classes at KLCII during the full duration of the programme. As trainees are company sponsored, trainees are required to undertake a bond with their employers.
To qualify, trainees must:
- Meet minimum entry requirements as stated above
- Be a new entrant to the Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) sector in Singapore
- Not have worked at an ECDA-licensed childcare centre for more than 6 months from date of course registration
Note: This programme is applicable to Singaporeans & Singapore PRs only.
|The following components name||Course Fee|
|Full course fee (without 7% GST)||$5,000.00
$4,650.00 (for students with existing EYDF certification)
|SSG grant*||$4,500.00/ $4,185.00|
|Nett course fee||$500.00/ $465.00|
|7% GST on nett course fee||$35.00/$32.55|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST||$535.00/ $497.55|
|Additional funding if eligible under Workfare Training Support (WTS)^||$250.00/ $232.50|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from WTS^||$285.00/$265.05|
Course Fee are effective from 1 April 2017
Note: All fees stated above are applicable for self-fund applicants only.
For company -sponsored applicants, KLCII will bill companies based on 70%/90% SSG funding, and any additional schemes that employees are applicable for (e.g. WTS, ETSS for SMEs, MCES) will need to be claimed separately by employers directly via SkillsConnect.
All fees stated are inclusive of prevailing GST and are in Singapore dollars. Students are required to pay a non-refundable application fee of $85.60 upon course sign-up.
- *Course fee funding available for Singaporeans/PRs
- ^Course fee funding of WTS 95% available for Singaporeans aged 35 years old & above + earning $2,000 & below per month
- #For company-sponsored applicants, Enhanced Training Support for SMEs funding can be applied through www.skillsconnect.gov.sg.
- For companies that meet the eligibility requirements, absentee payroll capped at $4.50/hr based on classroom hours can be claimed through the SkillsConnect system (www.skillsconnect.gov.sg).
- NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP** (Union Training Assistance Programme).
Course fees are subjected to changes without prior notice. For a full schedule of the miscellaneous fees, please click here.
** Terms & Conditions apply.