Due to a transition to the new Skills Framework (SF) for Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE), we are no longer recruiting new intakes for this programme. Please refer to this link for information on the new WSQ Higher Certificate in Infant Care programme under the new SF.
The WSQ Higher Certificate Infant Care (WSQ HCIC) course is designed to prepare Early Years Educarers who are interested to work with infants and toddlers from 2 to 18 months. The course will equip Early Years Educarers with the knowledge and skills in care-giving, guidance, provision of appropriate learning experiences and stimulating environment in the care of infants and toddlers.
The course aims to enable students to:
- Gain understanding of the guiding principles, outcomes and sub-outcomes of the Early Years Development Framework
- Acquire knowledge on the developmental domains and their interrelation with learning and development of infants and toddlers (2 to 18 months old)
- Demonstrate understanding of how infants grow and develop through the provision of quality learning experiences and setting up of appropriate learning environments
- Develop understanding of the importance of health, safety, first-aid and nutrition
- Gain understanding of the important roles and responsibilities in the care and development of infants and toddlers
|Overview and Introduction to Early Years Landscape in Singapore
– Early Years Landscape in Singapore
|Principles of Infant and Toddler Development
– Development in Infancy and Toddlerhood
– Caregiving and Transition as a Curriculum
– Planning of Appropriate Play and Learning Experiences
|Environmental Design for Infant/Toddler Programmes
– Creating Learning Spaces for Infant / Toddler Programmes
|Partnership with Families
– Working with Families
|Health, Safety and Well-Being
– Infant/Toddler Safety, Health and Nutrition
Click here for our Lecturer & their modules
This course consist of:
- Classroom Hours: 180 Hours
- Practicum Hours: 120 Hours
Total Hours: 300 Hours
- 5 Months (Full-time/Place-&-Train)
- 8 Months (Part-time)
Place-and-Train Scheme (only applicable for company sponsored applicants only)
Candidates under this scheme will be entitled to a full sponsorship+ if they satisfy the following criteria:
- Candidates must be under full-time employment at an ECDA-licensed child care centre upon sign-up of this course.
- Candidates are required to work at their place of employment (ECDA-licensed childcare centre) and attend classes at KLCII while undergoing training.
+subject to candidates meeting the eligibility & entry requirements
A range of Individual and group projects, exams practical tasks and supervised teaching practice
Award of Certificate
Upon successful completion of coursework and practicum, and a minimum of 80% attendance, students will be awarded the WSQ Higher Certificate in Infant Care (WSQ HCIC).
Applicants must be at least 21 years of age and should have:
- At least Secondary 2 qualifications; OR
- Completed 8 years of formal education* AND
- Attained an average WPL SOA 4 in the ES WSQ WPL Series
* Official documents from institution are required to show completion of 8 years of education. Medium of instruction is to be in English.
Additional Entry Requirements (for Place-&-Train Scheme only):
• Meet minimum entry requirements as stated above
• Be a new entrant to the Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) sector in Singapore
• Not have worked at an ECDA-licensed childcare centre for more than 6 months from date of course registration
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website (www.skillsfuture.sg/credit) to choose from the courses available on the SkillsFuture Credit course directory.
Place-and-Train (PnT) for Educarers
With effect from 1 August 2015, child care centres participating in the Place-&-Train programme will receive a salary support of 70%* of basic salary capped at $1,400 per month for the trainee, during the full duration (5 mths) of the full time Place-&-Train (PnT) for Educarers programme. As all trainees will be employer sponsored, trainees may be required to undertake some bond with their employers.
*Terms & Conditions apply.
|The following components name||Course Fee|
|Full course fee (without 7% GST)||$5,000.00
$4,650.00 (for students with existing EYDF certification)
|SSG grant*||$4,500.00/ $4,185.00|
|Nett course fee||$500.00/ $465.00|
|7% GST on nett course fee||$35.00/$32.55|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST||$535.00/ $497.55|
|Additional funding if eligible under Workfare Training Support (WTS)^||$250.00/ $232.50|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from WTS^||$285.00/$265.05|
Course Fee are effective from 1 April 2017
Note: All fees stated above are applicable for self-fund applicants only.
For company -sponsored applicants, KLCII will bill companies based on 70%/90% SSG funding, and any additional schemes that employees are applicable for (e.g. WTS, ETSS for SMEs, MCES) will need to be claimed separately by employers directly via SkillsConnect.
All fees stated are inclusive of prevailing GST and are in Singapore dollars. Students are required to pay a non-refundable application fee of $85.60 upon course sign-up.
- *Course fee funding available for Singaporeans/PRs
- ^Course fee funding of WTS 95% available for Singaporeans aged 35 years old & above + earning $2,000 & below per month
- #For company-sponsored applicants, Enhanced Training Support for SMEs funding can be applied through www.skillsconnect.gov.sg.
- For companies that meet the eligibility requirements, absentee payroll capped at $4.50/hr based on classroom hours can be claimed through the SkillsConnect system (www.skillsconnect.gov.sg).
Course fees are subjected to changes without prior notice. For a full schedule of the miscellaneous fees, please click here.
** Terms & Conditions apply.