Due to a transition to the new Skills Framework (SF) for Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE), we are no longer recruiting new intakes for this programme. Please refer to this link for information on the new WSQ Advanced Certificate in Early Years programme under the new SF.
The WSQ Advanced Certificate in Early Years (ACEY) course is designed to prepare early years educarers in the care, guidance and education of infants and toddlers (2 – 36 months).
The course aims to enable students to:
- Gain understanding of the guiding principles, outcomes and suboutcomes of the Early Years Development Framework
- Develop understanding of the needs and development phases of infants and toddlers (2 to 36 months old)
- Acquire knowledge and skills in setting up appropriate learning environments, and planning programme for infants and toddlers in center-based settings
- Attain knowledge of the importance of health, safety, first-aid and nutrition
- Develop understanding of the important roles and responsibilities in the care and development of infants and toddlers
- Acquire skills to engage in reflective practices
|Overview and Introduction to Early Years Landscape In Singapore
|Principles and Practices in Early Years Care, Development and Learning
|Programme Planning and Pedagogy
|The Early Years Environment
|Personal Growth and Professional Development
|Partnership with Families and The Community
|Health, Safety and Well-Being
Click here for our lecturers list.
This course consist of:
- 400 classroom hours
- 200 practicum hours
Total: 600 hours
- 10 months (Full-time/Place-&-Train)
- 18 months (Part-time)
Place-and-Train Scheme (only applicable for company sponsored applicants only)
Candidates under this scheme will be entitled to a full sponsorship+ if they satisfy the following criteria:
- Candidates must be under full-time employment at an ECDA-licensed child care centre upon sign-up of this course.
- Candidates are required to work at their place of employment (ECDA-licensed childcare centre) and attend classes at KLCII while undergoing training.
+subject to candidates meeting the eligibility & entry requirements
Applicants should have:
- Completed Secondary 4 education* or 10 years of formal education*; AND
- A GCE ‘O’ level credit (C6) in EL 1 OR other English Language Acceptable Alternatives
Applicants who do not have a credit (C6) in EL 1 or other English Language Acceptable Alternatives will be required to obtain at least average SOA 5 in the WPL series, including an SOA 5 for WPL – Writing.
*Applicants are to have passed an examination conducted by the country or state. Medium of instruction is to be in English. Official documents from institution are required to show completion of 10 years of education.
Additional Entry Requirements (for Place-&-Train Scheme only):
• Meet minimum entry requirements as stated above
• Be a new entrant to the Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) sector in Singapore
• Not have worked at an ECDA-licensed childcare centre for more than 6 months from date of course registration
A range of projects, exams and practical tasks
Award of Certificate
Upon successful completion of coursework and practicum, and a minimum of 80 % attendance, trainees will be awarded the WSQ Advanced Certificate in Early Years (WSQ ACEY).
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website (www.skillsfuture.sg/credit) to choose from the courses available on the SkillsFuture Credit course directory.
Salary Support for Employers (Place-&-Train Programme)
With effect from 1 August 2015, child care centres participating in this programme will receive a salary support of 70%* of basic salary capped at $1,400 per month for the trainee, during the full duration (10 mths) of the full-time Place-and-Train (PnT) for Early Years Educarers programme. As all trainees will be employer sponsored, trainees may be required to undertake some bond with their employers.
*Terms & Conditions apply.
|The following components name||Course Fee|
|Full course fee (without 7% GST)||$7,400.00
$7,050 (for students with existing EYDF certification)
|SSG grant*||$6,660.00/ $6,345.00|
|Nett course fee||$740.00/ $705.00|
|7% GST on nett course fee||$51.80/$49.35|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST||$791.80/ $754.35|
|Additional funding if eligible under Workfare Training Support (WTS)^||$370.00/ $352.50|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from WTS^||$421.80/ $401.85|
Note: All fees stated above are applicable for self-fund applicants only.
For company -sponsored applicants, KLCII will bill companies based on 70%/90% SSG funding, and any additional schemes that employees are applicable for (e.g. WTS, ETSS for SMEs, MCES) will need to be claimed separately by employers directly via SkillsConnect.
All fees stated are inclusive of prevailing GST and are in Singapore dollars. Students are required to pay a non-refundable application fee of $85.60 upon course sign-up.
• *Course fee funding available for Singaporeans/PRs
• ^Course fee funding of WTS 95% available for Singaporeans aged 35 years old & above + earning $2,000 & below per month
• #For company-sponsored applicants, Enhanced Training Support for SMEs funding can be applied through www.skillsconnect.gov.sg.
• For companies that meet the eligibility requirements, absentee payroll capped at $4.50/hr based on classroom hours can be claimed through the SkillsConnect system (www.skillsconnect.gov.sg).
Course fees are subjected to changes without prior notice. For a full schedule of the miscellaneous fees, please click here.
** Terms & Conditions apply.