Children are more likely to develop skills not only when they are having fun, but also when the skills have meaning for them. Hands-on learning activities aims to provide for both of these characteristics of learning. The ‘Tasks in a Box’ is a workshop which consist of activities that are hands-on, ready-to-do and designed to help young children of all ages learn, develop and flourish. The activities can be used in any type of early childhood settings. It can be used as a structured lesson or for exploration and practice when placed in the learning corners. The tasks can be easily fit into existing lesson plans or they can be used as stand-alone activities.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
Create fun and interesting tasks to help develop children’s fine motor skills and eye-hand coordination
Create hands-on activities that stimulate learning
Create pre-academic tasks in a box
Create a systematic pre-vocational task
LON Certification Status: L1 , L2 , EY2
Occupational Title: Beginning Educarer , Educarer 1 , Educarer 2 , Senior Educarer , Beginning Preschool Teacher , Preschool Teacher , Senior Preschool Teacher , Lead Teacher , Senior Lead Teacher
- 9 Hours (7 hours classroom, 1.5 hours online and 0.5 hour E-Assessment)
Award of Certificate
ECDA e-certificate of participation “”Task in a Box” Creating Resources for the Learning Corners”
|Full course fee (without 7% GST)||$240.00|
|Nett course fee||$120.00|
|7% GST on nett course fee||$16.80|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST||$136.80|
|Additional funding if eligible under Workfare Training Support (WTS)^||$108.00|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from WTS^||$28.80|
|Additional funding if eligible under Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)#||$96.00|
|nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from ETSS#||$40.80|
|Additional funding if eligible under Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)+||$96.00|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)+||$40.80|
|ECDA funding support available for foreign teachers (80%)||$192.00|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after 80% ECDA funding for foreign teachers||$64.80|
All fees stated are inclusive of prevailing GST and are in Singapore dollars.
- * Course fee funding of 50% is available for Singaporeans/PRs aged 21 years and above.
- ^ Course fee funding of 95% available for Singaporeans aged 35 years old & above + earning $2,000 & below per month.
- +Course fee funding of 90% (SkillsFuture MCES) available for Singaporeans aged 40 years & above.
- # For company-sponsored applicants, Enhanced Training Support for SMEs funding can be applied through www.skillsconnect.gov.sg.
- For companies that meet the eligibility requirements, absentee payroll capped at $4.50/hr based on classroom hours can be claimed through the SkillsConnect system (www.skillsconnect.gov.sg).
- For self-fund applicants earning $1,900 & below per month, training allowance** capped at $4.50/hr based on classroom hours can be claimed through NTUC U Portal (www.ntuc.org.sg).
- All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website (www.skillsfuture.sg/credit) to choose from the courses available on the SkillsFuture Credit course directory.
Course fees are subjected to changes without prior notice.
** Terms & Conditions apply