Teachers and Educarers have a responsibility to guide children towards appropriate behaviour in class and socialization. Positive guidance and discipline are crucial because they promote children’s self-control, teach children responsibility and consequences, and help them make thoughtful choices. Effective guidance and discipline focus on the development of the child as well as preserve the child’s self-esteem and dignity. The more effective Teachers and Educarers are at encouraging appropriate behaviours, the less time and effort they will spend in correcting children’s misbehaviours.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define the term positive guidance and explain why it is valuable to use it during the early childhood years.
- Identify factors that influence children’s behaviours and the mistaken goals of children’s behaviours.
- Identify and discuss strategies for promoting self-identity, self-confidence, and self-control in young children.
- Explore strategies for sharing positive guidance principles and methods with parents.
LON Certification Status: L1 , L2 , EY1 , EY2
Occupational Title: Infant Educarer (HCIC) , Infant/Toddler Educarer , Beginning Educarer , Educarer 1 , Educarer 2 , Senior Educarer
- 9 Hours (7 hours classroom, 1.5 hours online and 0.5 hour E-Assessment)
Award of Certificate
ECDA e-certificate of participation “Managing Children’s Behaviour through Positive Guidance”
|Full course fee (without 7% GST)||$240.00|
|Nett course fee||$120.00|
|7% GST on nett course fee||$16.80|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST||$136.80|
|Additional funding if eligible under Workfare Training Support (WTS)^||$108.00|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from WTS^||$28.80|
|Additional funding if eligible under Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)#||$96.00|
|nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from ETSS#||$40.80|
|Additional funding if eligible under Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)+||$96.00|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)+||$40.80|
|ECDA funding support available for foreign teachers (80%)||$192.00|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after 80% ECDA funding for foreign teachers||$64.80|
All fees stated are inclusive of prevailing GST and are in Singapore dollars.
- * Course fee funding of 50% is available for Singaporeans/PRs aged 21 years and above.
- ^ Course fee funding of 95% available for Singaporeans aged 35 years old & above + earning $2,000 & below per month.
- +Course fee funding of 90% (SkillsFuture MCES) available for Singaporeans aged 40 years & above.
- # For company-sponsored applicants, Enhanced Training Support for SMEs funding can be applied through www.skillsconnect.gov.sg.
- For companies that meet the eligibility requirements, absentee payroll capped at $4.50/hr based on classroom hours can be claimed through the SkillsConnect system (www.skillsconnect.gov.sg).
- For self-fund applicants earning $1,900 & below per month, training allowance** capped at $4.50/hr based on classroom hours can be claimed through NTUC U Portal (www.ntuc.org.sg).
- All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website (www.skillsfuture.sg/credit) to choose from the courses available on the SkillsFuture Credit course directory.
Course fees are subjected to changes without prior notice.
** Terms & Conditions apply