As Singapore is a multicultural country, the impact of cultural diversity on its education should be reflected from utilizing different forms of teaching materials, such as literacy aids, picture books, listening materials and etc. Meanwhile Singapore is also a place rich in wide varieties of natural materials. Thus, as Preschool Language educators, it is important to be able to explore the usage of different natural resources according to the Preschools’ local environment. This course will focus on: 1) the environmental impact on the growth and development of young children. 2) how to utilize localized materials to design Chinese learning activities (by case study). 3) how to use recycled, natural materials to design teaching materials and learning aids. The above three aspects are the main points to illustrate how resources can impact and enhance the Chinese language education in Preschool.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Widely explore and search for different sorts of Chinese learning materials such as picture books, literacy aids and listening materials etc. and resources according to local multicultural environment
- Maximize the collecting and utilizing of all kinds of recycled materials and natural materials for teaching and learning aids development
- Effective using the above materials and resources for multicultural and environment language education
- Develop interesting, multicultural & environment oriented and localized Chinese learning activities by taking the advantages of using the above materials and resources
- In-service teachers working with children age 18 months to 6 years old. (L1 & L2)
- 8 Hours
Award of Certificate
ECDA e-certificate of participation “How to Use “Resources” Effectively for Chinese Language Education”
|Full course fee (without 7% GST)||$200.00|
|Nett course fee||$100.00|
|7% GST on nett course fee||$7.00|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST||$107.00|
|Additional funding if eligible under Workfare Training Support (WTS)^||$90.00|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from WTS^||$17.00|
|Additional funding if eligible under Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)#||$80.00|
|nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from ETSS#||$27.00|
|Additional funding if eligible under Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)+||$80.00|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)+||$27.00|
|ECDA funding support available for foreign teachers (80%)||$160.00|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after 80% ECDA funding for foreign teachers||$42.80|
|UTAP Funding (Only Applicable to NTUC members, capped at 50%/$250 of unfunded course fee per year)
*Funding period: 1 April’2017 to 31’March 2018
All fees stated are inclusive of prevailing GST and are in Singapore dollars.
- * Course fee funding of 50% is available for Singaporeans/PRs aged 21 years and above.
- ^ Course fee funding of 95% available for Singaporeans aged 35 years old & above + earning $2,000 & below per month.
- +Course fee funding of 90% (SkillsFuture MCES) available for Singaporeans aged 40 years & above.
- # For company-sponsored applicants, Enhanced Training Support for SMEs funding can be applied through www.skillsconnect.gov.sg.
- For companies that meet the eligibility requirements, absentee payroll capped at $4.50/hr based on classroom hours can be claimed through the SkillsConnect system (www.skillsconnect.gov.sg).
- For self-fund applicants earning $1,900 & below per month, training allowance** capped at $4.50/hr based on classroom hours can be claimed through NTUC U Portal (www.ntuc.org.sg).
- All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website (www.skillsfuture.sg/credit) to choose from the courses available on the SkillsFuture Credit course directory.
- NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP** (Union Training Assistance Programme).
Course fees are subjected to changes without prior notice.
** Terms & Conditions apply