Due to a transition to the new Skills Framework (SF) for Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE), we are no longer recruiting new intakes for this programme. Please refer to this link for information on the new WSQ Professional Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education.
The WSQ Professional Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education is a holistic educational programme which integrates child development theories into practice, and prepares trainees to work in the early childhood industry or related fields. Students will learn a variety of educational approaches and the emphasis on creative movement and communication skills would be added assets in their work with children and families.
- Enable students to transfer education philosophies and child development theories into practices which provide wide-ranging, multimedia and developmentally appropriate experiences for young children
- Enable students to be skillful in their role of observation and application of knowledge of child development, in order to design a learning environment that meets the needs of each individual child
- Present students with a variety of approaches and strategies which facilitate a creative and developmentally appropriate curriculum for young children
- Enable students to develop interpersonal and communication skills to collaborate with fellow colleagues, parents and other professionals in the community
- Help students design, implement and evaluate learning environments and classroom activities based on the Pre-school education curriculum framework/goals and desired outcomes
Principles and Practices in Early Childhood Education
Early Childhood Development Studies
Curriculum Studies and Pedagogy
Personal Growth and Professional Development
Safety, Health and Nutrition
Families and The Community
Supervised Teaching Practicum
This course consist of:
- 900 classroom hours
- 300 practicum hours
Total: 1200 hours
- 20 months (Full-time)
- 30 months (Part-time)
- 16 months (Place-&-Train)
A range of individual and group projects, quizzes, presentations, role-plays and practicum.
Note: Some projects will include practical tasks such as implementing activities in an Early Childhood classroom settings.
Award of Certificate
Upon successful completion of coursework and practicum, and a minimum of 80% attendance, students will be awarded the WSQ Professional Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education.
Applicants should have:
- 5 GCE ‘O’ Level credits, including a credit at least C6 in EL1* OR
- 5 GCE ‘O’ Level credits and English Language Acceptable Alternatives*
- 10 years of formal education in English and passed state exam with credits in 5 different subjects including a credit at least a C6* in GCE ‘O’ level EL1 or English Language Acceptable Alternatives* OR
- 10 years of formal education not in English and passed state exam with credits in 5 different subjects and at least a B4 in GCE ‘O’ level EL1 or English Language Acceptable Alternatives* OR
- Degree with English as medium of instruction from state recognized university+ OR
- Degree not in English as the medium of instruction from state-recognized university+ and at least a B4 in GCE ‘O’ level EL1 or English Language Acceptable Alternatives*
+This applies to applicants with state-recognised PhD/Master degree with English as the medium of instruction.
*Applicants with a C5 or C6 in EL1 are given 2 years from the point of teacher registration to obtain either a B4 or any acceptable alternatives.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website (www.skillsfuture.sg/credit) to choose from the courses available on the SkillsFuture Credit course directory.
Professional Conversion Programme (PCP) for Pre-School Teachers
The PCP operates in the Place-and-Train mode where ECDA-licensed Childcare Centres/ECDA-registered Kindergartens will employ trainees before commencement of the Programme. Successful trainees under this programme will receive a course sponsorship and monthly salary from employer, and are required to work at their place of employment and attend classes at KLCII during the full duration of the programme. As trainees are company sponsored, trainees are required to undertake a bond with their employers.
To qualify, trainees must:
- Meet the minimum entry requirements as stated above
- Be a new entrant to the Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) sector in Singapore
- Not have worked at an ECDA-licensed Childcare Centre/ECDA-registered Kindergarten for more than 6 months from date of course registration
Note: This programme is applicable to Singaporeans & Singapore PRs only.
|The following components name||Course Fee|
|Full course fee (without 7% GST)||$13,700.00|
|Nett course fee||$4,110.00|
|7% GST on nett course fee||$287.70|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST||$4,397.70|
|Additional funding if eligible under Workfare Training Support (WTS)^||$$3,425.00|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from WTS^||$972.70|
|Additional funding if eligible under Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)#||$2,740.00|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from ETSS#||$1,657.70|
|Additional funding if eligible under Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)+||$2,740.00|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)+||$1,657.70|
Course Fee are effective from 1 April 2017
Note: All fees stated above are applicable for self-fund applicants only.
For company -sponsored applicants, KLCII will bill companies based on 70%/90% SSG funding, and any additional schemes that employees are applicable for (e.g. WTS, ETSS for SMEs, MCES) will need to be claimed separately by employers directly via SkillsConnect.
All fees stated are inclusive of prevailing GST and are in Singapore dollars. Students are required to pay a non-refundable application fee of $85.60 (local students), $288.90 (international students) upon course sign-up.
- *Course fee funding available for Singaporeans/PRs
- ^Course fee funding of WTS 95% available for Singaporeans aged 35 years old & above + earning $2,000 & below per month
- #For company-sponsored applicants, Enhanced Training Support for SMEs funding can be applied through www.skillsconnect.gov.sg.
- For companies that meet the eligibility requirements, absentee payroll capped at $4.50/hr based on classroom hours can be claimed through the SkillsConnect system (www.skillsconnect.gov.sg).
Course fees are subjected to changes without prior notice. For a full schedule of the miscellaneous fees, please click here.
** Terms & Conditions apply.
WSQ Professional Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education -> WSQ Specialist Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education -> Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Early Childhood Care and Education (The University of Warwick, UK)