The Certificate in English as a Foreign Language aims to develop students’ accuracy and fluency in English. It serves as a preparatory course designed to develop non-native English speakers’ English language skills in preparation for their entry into a mainstream academic programme of study.
At the end of the course, students should be able to:
- Gain confidence in using English in informal and formal situations
- Acquire a wide vocabulary and use them in appropriate contexts
- Use correct syntax and diction in academic speaking and writing
- Employ practical and academic English skills necessary to succeed in everyday life, at the university, and in business
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively in a variety of informal and formal contexts
This programme is for students who want to develop their English skills and/or meet the English language entry requirements of mainstream programmes.
The following methodologies will be adopted:
- Class Participation
- Group / Paired Work
- Individual Presentation
- Practice Test
- Final Examination
- Field Trips
- Video Viewing
- Listening Activities
- Reading Exercises
- Speaking Exercises
- Module One: Fundamentals of English
- Module Two: Academic English
Full-Time: 6 months
Classroom Hours: 540 Hours
- At least 15 years old;
- At least 9 years of formal education
- IELTS 3-3.5/TOEFL IBT 30-40/ CBT 93-120 / Paper 397-433 OR
- Determined by KLCII English Placement Test Result
Upon successful completion of the course and a minimum of 80% attendance, students will receive a
Certificate in English as a Foreign Language awarded by KLC International Institute.
All fees stated are inclusive of prevailing GST and are in Singapore dollars. Students are required to pay a non-refundable application fee of $288.90 upon course sign-up.
Note: Course fees stated above are not inclusive of textbook fees. Textbook fees will be charges at prevailing market rate at time of class commencement of each module.
Course fees are subject to changes without prior notice.