The Certificate in Early Childhood Care & Education is designed to equip teachers with teaching skills and knowledge for working in both kindergarten and childcare settings. It aims to provide the foundation for effective teaching and interaction with young children.
- Transfer education philosophies and child development theories into practices which provide wide-ranging, multimedia and developmentally appropriate experiences for young children
- Be skilful in their role of observation and application of knowledge of child development
- Gain knowledge on a variety of approaches and strategies which facilitate a creative and developmentally appropriate curriculum for young children
- Develop interpersonal and communication skills to collaborate with fellow colleagues, parents and other professionals in the community
- Design, implement and evaluate activities and learning environments that are appropriate to young children’s developmental needs and learningces
|Principles & Practices in Early Childhood & Education
• Foundations of Early Childhood Education
|Child Development and Learning
• Child Development
• Observation and Assessment
• Caring for Children with Differences
• Play and Learning in The Early Years
|Curriculum Studies and Pedagogy
• Language and Literacy Development
• Numeracy Development in Children
• Discovery for the World
• Music and Movement
• Visual Arts for the Young
• Physical Education
• Self and Social Awareness
• Information and Communication Technology
• Planning the Environment
• Programme Planning and Routine Care
• Classroom Management
|Personal Growth and Professional Development
• Professional Development and Personal Growth
|Safety, Health, Nutrition and Hygiene
• Safety, Health, Nutrition and Hygiene
|Partnership with Families and The Community
• Working with Families and the Community
• Supervised Practicum
Click here for our Lecturer & their modules
- Minimum 3 GCE “O” level credits including credit in EL1; OR
- Minimum 3 GCE “O” level credits and IELTS 5.5
Note: CECCE cannot be used to enter the DECCE-T course unless the applicant has 5 GCE ‘O’ level credits including EL1
This course consist of:
- 560 classroom hours
- 240 practicum hours
Total: 800 hours
24 months (Part-time)
A range of written assignment, exams, projects & practicum.
Award of Certificate
Upon successful completion of coursework and practicum, and a minimum of 80% attendance, trainees will be awarded the Certificate in Early Childhood Care and Education from KLC International Institute, accredited by ECDA and WDA.
|90% SSG Funding*/SDF Funding#||95% WTS Funding^|
|Nett Course Fees(after funding)||$749.00||$399.00|
All fees stated are inclusive of prevailing GST and are in Singapore dollars. Students are required to pay a non-refundable application fee of $85.60 upon course sign-up.
• *Course fee funding of 90% available for Singaporeans/PRs
• ^Course fee funding of 95% (WTS Scheme) available for Singaporeans aged 35 years old & above + earning $1,900 & below per month
• # For company-sponsored applicants, SDF funding can be applied through www.skillsconnect.gov.sg.
• For companies that meet the eligibility requirements, absentee payroll capped at $4.50/hr based on classroom hours can be claimed through the SkillsConnect system (www.skillsconnect.gov.sg).
Course fees are subjected to changes without prior notice. For a full schedule of the miscellaneous fees, please click here.