This module is to equip the early childhood educators a set of core skills and emotional intelligence principles to understand and apply self-awareness techniques to manage their own emotions and those of others whom they encounter daily. It will enhance the learners’ professionalism to foster positive relationships with the children, parents and co-workers.
- Explain the concept of Emotional Intelligence in own words
- Recognise own emotional states, the causes of those emotional states and its effects on performance and interpersonal relationships at the workplace
- Identify personal strengths and weaknesses and make improve-ments needed to develop Emotional Intelligence
- Present self with confidence and show flexibility in responding to changes at the workplace
- Demonstrate conscientiousness and trustworthiness to complete given tasks according to organisa-tional standards
- Demonstrate initiative and opti-mism in pursuing goals beyond what is required and expected of self
- Recognise the emotional needs of others, empathise and respond ap-propriately to their needs
- Manage own emotions and im-pulses to work effectively with others, taking into consideration the different cultures and background of individu-als at the workplace
Infant/ Toddler Educarer & Beginning Educarer/ Educarer 1 / Beginning Pre-school teacher/ Educarer 2 / Pre-school teacher
- 16 Hours
Award of Certificate
WSQ Statement of Attainment upon successful course completion.
|Full course fee (without 7% GST)||$290.00|
|Nett course fee||$58.00|
|7% GST on nett course fee||$20.30|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST||$78.30|
|Additional funding if eligible under Workfare Training Support (WTS)^||$43.50|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from WTS^||$34.80|
|Additional funding if eligible under Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)#||$29.00|
|nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from ETSS#||$49.30|
|Additional funding if eligible under Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)+||$29.00|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)+||$49.30|
|ECDA funding support available for foreign teachers (80%)||NO|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after 80% ECDA funding for foreign teachers||NO|
All fees stated are inclusive of prevailing GST and are in Singapore dollars.
- * Course fee funding of 50% is available for Singaporeans/PRs aged 21 years and above.
- ^ Course fee funding of 95% available for Singaporeans aged 35 years old & above + earning $2,000 & below per month.
- +Course fee funding of 90% (SkillsFuture MCES) available for Singaporeans aged 40 years & above.
- # For company-sponsored applicants, Enhanced Training Support for SMEs funding can be applied through www.skillsconnect.gov.sg.
- For companies that meet the eligibility requirements, absentee payroll capped at $4.50/hr based on classroom hours can be claimed through the SkillsConnect system (www.skillsconnect.gov.sg).
- For self-fund applicants earning $1,900 & below per month, training allowance** capped at $4.50/hr based on classroom hours can be claimed through NTUC U Portal (www.ntuc.org.sg).
- All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website (www.skillsfuture.sg/credit) to choose from the courses available on the SkillsFuture Credit course directory.
Course fees are subjected to changes without prior notice.
** Terms & Conditions apply