To qualify, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Your organisation must be registered or incorporated in Singapore
- Employment size of not more than 200
- Trainee must be a Singapore Citizen (*Permanent Residents of Singapore also qualify for higher funding for certifiable courses supported by SSG, except for Academic CET courses at the Polytechnics/ ITE)
- Trainee must be a bona fide employee (i.e. hired in accordance with Employment Act) and fully employer sponsored for the training)
- This scheme is applicable for company-sponsored applicants only
SMEs will enjoy subsidies of 90% of the course fees when they sponsor their employees for the WSQ Early Childhood Care & Education training courses. All employers of workers who meet the eligibility criteria for Workfare Skills Support (WSS) scheme will continue to receive course fee funding under the WSS scheme2.
SMEs can also claim absentee payroll capped at $7.50/hr based on classroom hours. All employers of workers who meet the eligibility criteria for Workfare Skills Support (WSS) scheme will continue to enjoy absentee payroll funding under the WSS scheme2.
 With effect from 1 July 2020, under the Workfare Skills Support (WSS) scheme, employers who sponsor their employees (Singapore Citizens aged 35 years and above, and earning up to $2,300 per month) are eligible for course fee and absentee payroll funding at 90% for the WSQ Early Childhood Care & Education training courses.
Find out more about the Qualification Criteria here.