The Professional Conversion Programme (PCP) for Pre-School Teachers is jointly offered by the Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA), SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) and Workforce Singapore (WSG). It is designed to equip mid-career individuals who aspire to become Pre-school Teachers with the necessary qualifications and skills. The PCP operates in the mode under which the participating pre-school operators will employ eligible trainees before the commencement of the WSQ Professional Diploma-Teaching (Conversion) full-time course. Successful trainees under this PCP will receive monthly salary and course sponsorship from employer and undertake commitment to signing of bond.
Eligibility criteria for PCP applicants who:
• Singapore Citizen (SC) or Permanent Resident (PR) aged 21 years and above
• Graduated or completed National Service, whichever is later, at least two years prior at the point of application;
• Have fulfilled the minimum course entry requirements;
• New hires should be hired for not more than six months;
• New hires must not be in the same job role prior to joining the PCP;
• New hires must not be a shareholder of the PCP company, or its related companies;
• New hires must not be related to the owner(s) of the PCP company; and
• New hires must not be immediate ex-staff of PCP company or its related companies.