This module is to broaden or deepen specific skills and knowledge for the team leaders and supervisors in the EC sector. It is designed to cover critical competencies within the Emotional Intelligence (EI) model to train the leaders and supervisors in the EC sector to become much more skilled in managing their teams.
This module is to equip the EC educators to use EI principles to facilitate an understanding and management of oneself and others in a team. It also includes cultivating a positive emotional culture in the workplace. This EI course will eventually pay huge dividends especially in situations where teams are under stress due to deadlines, demanding clients or intense and unproductive meetings. Understanding EI and mastering the skills involving EI will greatly help the EC leaders and their teams in difficult situations.
- Explain the concept of Emotional Intelligence concisely and clearly
- Recognise own emotional states, the causes of those emotional states and its effects on own and team’s performance and interpersonal relationships at the workplace
- Conduct self-reflection and gather feedback from team members to identify personal strengths and weaknesses for development of own emotional intelligence
- Model behaviours that demonstrate application of emotional intelligence
- Assess emotional states of team members and respond appropriately to emotional cues, taking into consideration the different cultures and background of team members
- Encourage team members to develop their own emotional intelligence to build positive relationships among one another to achieve team goals
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in dealing with team members and making decisions, taking their emotions into account
- Provide opportunities for team members to express their thoughts and feelings and assist them in understanding the effects of their behaviour and emotions on others at the workplace
- Promote a positive emotional climate at the workplace
Senior Educarers / Pre-school teachers, Senior Pre-school teachers, Centre Leaders / Lead Teachers, Senior Centre Leaders / Senior Lead Teachers and Pinnacle Leaders.
- 16 Hours
Award of Certificate
WSQ Statement of Attainment upon successful course completion.
|Full course fee (without 7% GST)||$290.00|
|Nett course fee||$58.00|
|7% GST on nett course fee||$20.30|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST||$78.30|
|Additional funding if eligible under Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)#||$29.00|
|nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from ETSS#||$49.30|
|Additional funding if eligible under Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)+||$29.00|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)+||$49.30|
All fees stated are inclusive of prevailing GST and are in Singapore dollars.
- *Course fee funding of 50% is available for Singaporeans/PRs aged 21 years and above.
- +Course fee funding of 90% (SkillsFuture MCES) available for Singaporeans aged 40 years & above.
- #For company-sponsored applicants, Enhanced Training Support for SMEs funding can be applied through www.skillsconnect.gov.sg.
- For companies that meet the eligibility requirements, absentee payroll capped at $7.50/hr based on classroom hours can be claimed through the SkillsConnect system (www.skillsconnect.gov.sg).
- For self-fund applicants earning $2,300 & below per month, training allowance** capped at $6.00/hr based on classroom hours can be claimed through NTUC U Portal (www.ntuc.org.sg).
- All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website (www.skillsfuture.sg/credit) to choose from the courses available on the SkillsFuture Credit course directory.
- For trainees who qualify for Workfare Skills Support (WSS) scheme, please contact SSG at 6785 5785 for more information.
Course fees are subjected to changes without prior notice.
** Terms & Conditions apply